The application period is now over. We thank all the applicants and will contact people for interviews.
Job description: Assistant Director
The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in all aspects of the organization’s main events including the Women’s Film Festival, Films On The Go, youth workshops and the annual industry Film Forum.
- Print traffic (organizing and handling film submissions and screening copies)
- Film solicitation
- Selection committee support
- Marketing and promotion (creating online and offline content, print materials)
- Securing workshop mentors and participants
- Editing event trailers
- Fundraising (grant writing, support materials)
- Technical support for screenings
- Updating festival website
- Documenting events
- Light administrative duties
-Bachelor/Master of Arts, Business, Women’s Studies, Film Studies, and Communications are considered an asset, but any discipline will be considered.
Candidate must adhere to the Graduate Transition to Employment Program requirements:
- Graduates (including international students) who have successfully completed a post-secondary program (minimum duration of one academic year) at Memorial University of Newfoundland and are currently unemployed or under-employed (working less than 20 hrs/week or not in an area related to their field of study); and
- Graduates who are not an immediate family member of the employer.
Note: Preference will be given to Non-EI eligible graduates (i.e. Currently not receiving E.I. benefits; and have not received E.I. benefits within the last three years; or have not received E.I. maternity or parental benefits within the last five years)
Both men and women are welcome to apply. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.Read More