Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator
Date posted: April 14th, 2014
Application deadline: April 30th, 2014
Start Date: TBD
The St. John’s International Women’s Film Festival is one of the longestrunning annual women’s film festivals in the world. In addition to our Festival, which takes place every October, we organize annual professional development and networking conferences like our Industry Film Forum and Scene & Heard Film Industry Conference, as well as educational programs for youth like our FRAMED Film Education Series. We also host film screenings throughout the year.
We’re about to celebrate our 25th consecutive year supporting women in the film and television industry in Newfoundland and Labrador and around the globe.
It’s going to be an incredible party.
Reporting to the Executive Director and Board of Directors, our Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator will provide administrative support for Women’s Film Festival operations and programs.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Providing overall administrative support to the Executive Director including payroll input, database management and general administrative duties
• Maintaining accurate payroll information
• Creating forms, memos and informational paperwork as required, including databases and spreadsheets.
• Creating detailed informational spreadsheets on screening information for staff and Film Selection Committee
• Organizing and handling all film submissions and screening copies
• Overseeing film solicitation by contacting directors, distributors and producers, and coordinating screening fees and contracts
• Managing film selection database and library of submitted films in DVD and through online screeners (ie: Withoutabox)
￼• Assisting with grant writing
• Assisting the Executive Director arrange and prepare for Board meetings
• Attending Board meetings, taking minutes, and preparing notes
• Assisting with event logistics and Festival planning
• Banking and mail duties
• Light bookkeeping and petty cash duties
• Maintaining an office environment, which is efficient, organized and friendly • Other duties as assigned
• Graduate from CNA’s Office Administration program within the last two years
• Strong organizational capabilities, detailoriented and able to multitask effectively
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and other database systems
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Word and Google Docs
• Excellent communications and time management skills
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends in a fastpaced environment especially during peak Festival activity time.
• Experience working in film, for film festivals, nonprofit or feminist organizations an asset
Candidates must adhere to the Graduate Employment Program requirements:
• Candidates (including international students) must have successfully completed a postsecondary program (minimum duration of one academic year, preferably in the Office Administration field with an Executive or Records Information Management specialization) at CNA.
• Candidates must be currently unemployed or underemployed (working less than 20 hrs/week or not in an area related to their field of study)
• Candidates must not be an immediate family member of the employer.
Note: Preference will be given to NonEI eligible graduates (i.e. Currently not receiving E.I. benefits; and have not received E.I. benefits within the last three years; or have not received E.I. maternity or parental benefits within the last five years)
People of all genders are encouraged to apply.
Please note that this position is dependent on funding through the Graduate Employment Program.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org