The St. John's International Women's Film Festival is excited to return as an intake partner for Telefilm Canada's Talent To Watch Program.
Previously called the Telefilm Canada Micro-Budget Program, Talent to Watch is for emerging feature filmmakers and web series creators, with an emphasis on the digital and online distribution models. This program supports the production, digital distribution and promotion of a first feature-length film or other format of narrative-based audiovisual content.
WHAT WE CAN RECOMMEND
We are able to recommend TWO Feature Film Projects and ONE narrative-based Web Series in each of the Main and Indigenous Components for 2019.
REQUIREMENTS & ELIGIBILITY
All application requirements in the Telefilm Canada Guidelines must be met in order to submit, including a full screenplay, documentary treatment or web series scripts.
We also require that all projects submitted to us must meet our mandate by having the writer and/or director identify as female, and the Director must have participated in our [Interactive] Film Industry Forum training program. Please note this in your application, including date you last participated in the Forum.
NEW 2019 PROGRAM UPDATES
• Please read the Guidelines very carefully, especially section 1.2.1 as the submission process has been updated.
• A project that was not selected for financing under this Program may be resubmitted a second time.
• The budget cap is reinstated: the average budget for feature film projects is between $125,000 and $250,000, but, generally, it must not exceed $250,000.
• The minimal requirement for promotion costs has been reduced from 15% to 8%.
• All selected teams will be invited to attend a Talent to Watch Summit to be held in the Spring 2019 (details will communicated in March 2019)
HOW TO SUBMIT
All application requirements in the Telefilm Canada Guidelines are required for your submission. Please include a document listing links for the video pitch and previous work.
Submit all documents in PDF form via email to Jenn Brown, Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to submit directly to the SJIWFF for recommendation consideration is Friday February 1st, 2019 by 11:59pm NDT (by email only).
No extensions or exceptions.
All potential applicants are encouraged to consult with Jenn at the email listed above in advance of the deadline to ensure eligibility.